Thursday, October 11, 2007

Spruce up your table for fall - a sneak peak project from the Project of the Month Club

Today in Missouri we're waking up to a very beautiful, yet cool autumn morning. I think the birds are delighted to have a break in the temperature too. They were singing quite happily when I went outside around 6am this morning. I'm welcoming fall with open arms! I love the crispness of the air, the beautiful colors of all the trees and the thought of pumpkin pie! MY FAVORITE! I can resist alot of sweets, but cookies and pumpkin pie are not on that list!

I had to run to Michaels and get a few things I was out of and desperately needed. I love to decorate with pumpkins, I think they create such a "homespun" feel in the house. But, have you noticed just how expensive fake pumpkins are? OH MY GOODNESS!!

In hopes of curbing some of your fall decorating expenses, I thought I'd share a favorite project of mine from the PROJECT OF THE MONTH CLUB - volume 2 CD rom collection. Made mostly from scrap clay and some aluminum foil, this pumpkin centerpiece will last for decades to come and it won't hurt your budget. You can make it as big or as little as you would like. There is even a variation for turning it into a candle votive. (ooh pumpkin pie scented candles...)

For more information about all the projects featured on the Project of the Month Club - CD Rom collection - click here.

Click on the above picture to view a larger printable version...and don't forget to take sometime out to smell the pumpkin pie! YUM YUM!



No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails