Love, Love my friends at Spellbinder's Paper Arts! Stacey and I met on a Scrapbooking cruise in 2005 and I am so proud of her success!
Media Mixage (pronouced - mix-aaahhh-je - love the AHHH part!) is a delicious collection of bezels, blanks, dies, paper, textures and more to create stunning mixed media jewelry and other artful projects.
Obviously I couldn't wait to open everything and get to playing. I'm like a kid in a candy store.
The Artisan explorer is their newest machine - which is more compact and therefore the pressure that it applies to cutting is more intense. It will even cut metal! Oh I'm in love - totally in love....cut and emboss metal? Yep I'm there!! (I'll share that soon)
Here's the first project tutorial in the Media Mixage Jewelry series that I made. These bezels were designed by Susan Lenart-Kazmir.
Vintage Poppy Necklace
Spellbinders Triangles One Bezel Set
Spellbinders Triangles One Die Set
Vintage floral Findings of choice
2-Part Resin Envirotex Light
Vintage style paper
other optional items: polymer clay (for base), rubber stamps, bling, charms etc
- Choose the size of the shape you want to work with. I worked with the largest triangle in the set.
- Die cut paper to fit inside the bezel. Stamp any additional elements you would like onto paper as desired
- Seal with decoupage medium (very important or your paper will turn dark and transparent)
- Glue paper to bottom of bezel
- Mix Envirotex light according to manufacturer's instructions, pour into bezel setting
- Remove air bubbles by blowing thru a drinking straw - let cure for at least 12 hours
- Arrange findings onto bezel as desired and glue to secure them in place
I colorized my brass findings with alcohol ink and then wrapped it around the bezel to secure. There are so many options when adding findings, bling and bezel, I encourage to you play and practice.
You can add additional elements and charms to the bezels for added interest.
Finish by attaching your bezel to a vintage style link or chain and add a toggle. .
For more Media Mixage jewelry ideas - click here to view the idea gallery at Spellbinder's Paper Arts
For ideas and tips on using 2-part Resin (Envirotex light) click here to visit the Resin Crafts blog