Monday, June 27, 2011

Sweet Treats....for the Dog!

I have no earthly idea what's gotten into me...but I am so totally into food crafts at the moment. There's just one slight problem. Once you make all these delicious delights...what are you going to do with them all? Yes, I know, I suppose I "could" eat them - seriously though....that's ALOT to eat...and Im not really a sweet eater...

So..I have solved the delimma...make doggie treats...she'll love them...I'll get to make them...decorate them....and I don't have to eat them...

So....that's what I did yesterday... because....



I whipped up a batch of doggie treats - healthy-sorta doggie treats with wheat flour, milk, bacon grease and cheese...



MmmmmMmmmm...okay...they did smell good when they baked...



And I baked aLOT of them....

But then.....this happened....



Yep..our goofy Julia...decided that since they we're made with real ingredients, she'd give'm a taste test before she gave one to Maggie our dog....

and here's the verdict......



Maggie has a smile on her face....don't you just love that?

I guess it's all in the presentation....What a great gift for a furry friend!



BY POPULAR REQUEST - HERE'S THE RECIPE!

Cheddar Bacon Bites for furry friends


2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 c cornmeal
1 c grated cheddar cheese - broken up into small bits
1 teaspoon salt
4-6 tablespoons of hot bacon grease
1 cup of milk

Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add milk and bacon fat for form a stretchy dough. 

Roll dough to approximately 1/4" thickness and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter as desired.

Grease cookie sheet with bacon grease.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes and flip and bake an additional 20 minutes.  The bisquits will be very hard when finished.

Cool on a cookie sheet.

1 comment:

Tanya Knight Ruffin said...

i heart my dog too. I should try these! I has to be cheaper than beggin' strips for 4 dogs!

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails