Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Adventures of Baking - BAD COOKIE DAY - CRAFT FAIL!

Bad hair days - yep...we've all had them....but Bad COOKIE DAYS?? come on! This was the first bad cookie day ever.......and it didnt get better!!! 

Now I would love to tell you that everything I attempt to do turns into a masterpiece....of delightful proportions...but then...I would be lying wouldn't I?  Truth is....lots and lots of stuff I do...never makes it to here...because...well...it's craft failure at it's finest. 

My watermelon cookies turned out soooo awesome, that I thought, hmmm..how bout some "Have a Nice Day" smiley faces....yeah! That would be cute...and adorable...and ...well...I've done it in clay like a million times...why not cookie dough....OH BOY....let me tell you -I set myself up for FAILURE!!!

For one thing it wasn't my "patient" day...I just wanted to get them done and see what they look like...and so the first thing I did was make the colors - yellow and black...cept I didnt make enough yellow and then the dough that I had left over I rolled out and put them into the oven.....and here's where the failure begins...

Impatient me...puts cookies into the oven.....then "side-tracked" me...decides..."hey, while they're bakin', I'll go get on the internet and do my mail.......................and looks some stuff up......................" and side tracked me found..."hey that's some really cool stuff....so lets look at it ..."  for like a half hour...then......a big cookie fairy voice inside my head said...HEY!  COOKIES!!!!!!

and..................................................well.................cookies and crafts just don't mix.... I burned them to and turned them into PUCKS!



But Maggie our dog loved them........................
so...like I said..CRAFT FAIL!!!!!!!  So....I finished putting the pattern in the dough.......layed it all out...put it in the freezer...for a couple hundred hours....- yep, it was supposed to be TWO...but I left them there for like TEN! The log was frozen solid...It's now 8pm and I WANT COOKIES!~~~


So...I cut them out....or should I say...I TRIED to cut them out...they were hard as rock frozen! and not to mention -LOP SIDED....  They're kinda happy.......sorta..Im not!...and .one's missing an eye...

then I thought... these cookies really look disturbed.....and so they took on a personality ...all....their...own.....SCARY!

This one is downright mad!!!! Ticked off mad!!!  I told him he should be happier he has two eyes...he could have turned out like ole' one eye....

This one is just plain ole onry.......reminds me of my Dad when he sticks his tongue out at me.....
Mom always yells at him.... (sorry Dad)

And then...there's always one in every bunch...the one who is constantly monkey'n around...and can't keep a serious face...
can't even look straight at the camera -
and then.....



I give up.....have a happy day anyways....

I'm goin to eat cookies.....

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails