Friday, July 8, 2011

Tasty Party Anyone??? COUNT ME IN!!

Little by little I'm solving the delimma of this cooking and eating thing I've got goin' on right now.... I want to cook...well..really ...the whole fascination with all the cooking is the end result...it's all about the PRESENTATION!!!  Just because we can't afford to go to fancy restaurants constantly doesn't mean we can't "LOOK" like we're at a fancy restaurant when we're at home...right??? Are you with me on this??  And it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg to make a cute little presentation....

As for the baking delimma.....well..I decided that I'll bake for the dog..but then, Dana doesn't want me to feed sugar cookies constantly to Maggie our dog...so ...hmmmm...back at square numero uno!

But...Alex  came over and saw my sunflower sugar cookies.  He ate one.... and took the rest of them home (that will be in an upcoming post) to take to the girls at the bank...DILEMMA solved!!! WHEW...  So now...bake for the dog....and bake for Alex and the girls at the bank! 

But then yesterday, I walked into Pier 1...and OMG...light up a girls eyes....I swear, I was drooling..because...they have this whole new ensemble of neat little servingware...in neat little serving sizes...in tiny little packages....and I just couldnt resist.....(remember it's about presentation...)...and Im a sucker for all this Tasting Party stuff......

Pathetic isn't it?  I suppose it could be worse.

I'm sure you've all heard about wine tasting parties...and I've been to a couple but if you don't drink adult beverages, well...your next best option is FOOD.

I suppose if I "googled" tasting parties or tasting party ideas I would get the proper "ettiquette" on how you are supposed to throw a party...well...who knows...Im not gonna google it... I'm gonna clue you into how I'd do it...

Depends on how much time you have....how much control you want to have...and if you want to do the whole thing by yourself....

If that's the case...set a theme....could be "fingerfoods" ...could be "dessert delicacies"....or cheese??  Once the theme is set....think about the color of the food that you'll be preparing and set the colors of the party that will best bring out the declicious colors of the food and enhance the visual appeal.

Of course you can go all out with fancy swankie cloth/linen napkins..(but then you have to wash and IRON them...)..but you can also go to the dollar store and buy a package of nice white texture napkins and draw or stamp a design on them that will suit your theme and pair them with another colored napkin.  I do this all the time....Ask Dana...he laughs at me because when I 'm in a creative mood - I'll slap a design on those white napkins and go all out.....so..trust me...keep inexpensive - otherwise known as CHEAP paper napkins around at all times....and while you're at it...pick up a couple of the disposable table cloths too...they're awesome...
So you get the idea...set a theme...set a color....and run with it.... (servingware, dishes, napkins...etc)...

I recently did a show on my Creative Life TV  featuring a watermelon table top theme that could easily be incorporated into a tasting party...how fun would that be for a summer splash of a party!!! Just follow the links below to watch the videos:


Now onto the food....I love the white servingware in the above collection (PS...by the way...the dollar store has some really great square plates for $1 a piece...and we use them like fine china)...White is awesome...you can pair any color with it...it matches...and so versatile...and look how it sets the food as the main focus. 

The other thing I love about tasting parties is that they're small bite size servings.  Try to offer 6-10 selections per guest for a large party...or keep it simple with just 4-5...

And of course...enjoy the night with friends.....that's the best part...spending time with people who really enrich your life....

That's what I'll be doing Monday night...getting together with a bunch of girlfriends and having a TV Watch Party and you can bet...Im gonna make some yummy treats to share....and yes...I'll get photo's and share them too...

Hmmm...what do to today...cook ...bake...make art??  You tell me....

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails