Monday, May 20, 2013

Mixed Media Monday! How to texture brass blanks - Spellbinder's® Media Mixáge™

Follow Me on Pinterest



Oh my goodness! Do I have exciting news!!!! I am happy to announce that I am working in conjunction with Spellbinder's Creative arts to bring you a brand new video each and every Monday!

I'll be working with the Spellbinder's® Media Mixáge™  line to create all sorts of mixed media projects from jewelry making to art journals, assemblages and more.  I'm so excited about this opportunity to really explore beyond my comfort zone and I hope you will join on this journey with me.



My first video shows you how to texture brass blanks using the Spellbinder's® Artisan X-Plorer™ machine. I am so in love with this machine and all the things it can do and as I share more video's I think you will love it just as much as I do.



This pendant is quick and easy and can be done and worn in about 30 minutes! Make sure you subscribe to my blog below and to my youtube channel so you don't miss any of the videos!  Enjoy!






She was Hopeful
Texturizing Brass Blanks
Designed by:  Linda Peterson
Level – Easy


Inspiration/Description:  I have always been inspired by words.  I love the way a simple word can be a positive reminder and have lots of impact.  I find myself adding words and phrases to most of my mixed media work.  This pendant combines many of the things I love; quick results,  vintage faux effects, antiqued charms and pictures. 

Project Dimensions:  If using Frame One #4: 2¼ x 1⅝” (Opening: 1⅜ x ⅞”), Frame #2: 1⅜ x 1” (Opening: ⅞ x ½”) – Pendant adjustable depending on length of cording

Spellbinders Supplies:

MMM-001 Spellbinder's® Artisan X-plorer™ Machine
MD2-001 -Susan Lenart-Kazmer for Spellbinder's® Media Mixáge™  Frames One Dies
MT1-001  Susan Lenart-Kazmer for Spellbinder's® Media Mixáge™  Grate Works One Texture Plates
MB6-001 Susan Lenart-Kazmer for Spellbinder's® Media Mixáge™  Frames One
MP1-001 Susan Lenart-Kazmer for Spellbinder's® Media Mixáge™ Ephemera Papers One


Other Supplies:

Vintage Photographs printed on ink jet or transparencies*
Antique bronze charms and findings of choice
Rub-N-Buff® - Patina
Ancient Page® Acid Free Dye Ink – Chocolate
Jump rings
Small piece of chain
Toggle clasp
Stringing material of choice – cording, silk ribbon, chain etc.
Makeup sponge
White tacky glue
Repositionable tape
Jewelry Pliers
Nail*
Hammer*
* optional

Instructions:

(optional – print photographs onto inkjet transparency for a very vintage look)

  1. Place blank on to cutting board {C}, apply tape to secure
  2. Place texture plate, texture side down over blank.  Secure with tape
  3. Place base plate {A} over top to complete sandwich and run through Artisan X-plorer™ one time
  4. Apply Rub-N-Buff to surface of frame and let dry a few seconds. 
  5. Buff off some of the polish allowing portions of it to remain in the texture.
  6. Ink the edges lightly with Ancient Page ink to further distress.
  7. Cut photograph/paper or transparencies using #4 or #2 Frames One die to match the size blank you used.
  8. Stack papers in desired order and glue to back of frame.  Distress back of pendant with ink to finish if desired. 
  9. Use a hammer and nail to punch holes in bottom corners of pendant
  10. Attach embellishments as desired with jewelry glue and allow to dry.
  11. Attach small length of chain to bottom of pendant.  Use jewelry pliers and jumprings to attach charms to chain to dangle.
  12. Attach toggle to cording (or allow an extra length to tie in back of neck)
  13. Use jewelry pliers to attach toggle to cords with jump rings
  14. Attach pendant to ribbon necklace with large jump ring
Designer Tip:  Instead of using a toggle clasp, I allowed extra ribbon so that the necklace can be tied around the neck.  This gives you the ability to adjust the lengths.

Use a small piece of wood behind blank when punching or drilling holes to protect your work surface


Your creativity is limitless - Explore Beyond™!









Don't miss out! Subscribe to my free project tutorials, videos and tips to help you in your creative home and business life!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails