Monday, September 30, 2013

Media Mixage Monday - Make a stamped metal bracelet for a friend! New Video

Follow Me on Pinterest




I've always had a fascination for words, even when I was a little girl.  I loved to write and doodle. 

It’s always interesting to me where I get my inspiration.  I was reading through my facebook newsfeed and came across my cousin’s post about her little girl wanting to buy matching Mommy/Daughter jewelry.  A light bulb went off and I thought “Wow! I could make that with my dies and Artisan X-plorer!” and so I did.

For me creating is very personal, it’s a bonding experience with friends and family and many times, handmade gifts are what they receive from me. 

That’s why this type of jewelry really resonates with me.   There are so many fun shapes in the Spellbinders® MediaMixáge™ line I know you’ll have fun making your own special, personalized jewelry too! 

So in this video, I show you how to use metal alphabet stamps to create a metal stamped bracelet.  

I would LOVE if you would let me know how you liked this project, so please leave comments below :)
And don't forget to subscribe below so you don't miss any of the projects :) 




Click here to view the video on my youtube channel

More Jewelry Making videos - click here

How to make a Stamped Metal Wrap Bracelet

Designed by: Linda Peterson

MMM-001 Spellbinders® Artisan X-plorer™ machine
MD1-003 Spellbinders® Media Mixáge™ Rectangles One die template (used in project)
MM1-003 Spellbinders® Media Mixáge™ Copper sheet
MB6-006 Susan Lenart Kazmer for Spellbinders® Media Mixáge™ Turtles One brass blank
Miscellaneous beads and charms of choice
Alcohol based markers in colors of choice
Silk ribbon or cording of choice
Toggle or clasp
2 eyelets
Jump rings
Permanent marker
Crop-o-dile punch
Needle tool
Metal Alphabet Stamps
Ball peen hammer
Jewelry hammer with plastic end
Bench block
Nail file
Jewelry pliers

Optional dies suitable for this project:
MD1-001 Spellbinders® Media Mixáge™  Ovals One Die
MD1-012 Spellbinders® Media Mixáge™ Circles Three die
MD1-002 Spellbinders® Media Mixáge™  Squares One Die
Optional Brass Blanks suitable:
MB6-001 Susan Lenart Kazmer for™ Spellbinders® Media Mixáge™ Frames One
MB6-002 Susan Lenart Kazmer™ for Spellbinders® Media Mixáge™ Dresses One
MB6-009 Susan Lenart Kazmer™ for Spellbinders® Media Mixáge™ Hearts Three

Cut out a rectangle from the copper sheet using the #2 (with #1 being the smallest) Rectangles One die template using the Artisan X-plorer™ machine.
Lay die cut shape on to bench block.  Hammer flat with the plastic end of the hammer and smooth edges with nail file.
Draw a line down the center vertically with a permanent marker.  Draw a horizontal line for each line of the phrase you are going to spell out.
Position the alphabet stamp on copper die cut and tap firmly straight down with the hammer. Try not to tap too many times as this can distort your letter.  Repeat until word or phrase is spelled out.
Color over letters with permanent marker and let dry.
Sand the top of the copper with nail file, leaving only the black in the lettering.
Punch hole where desired with Crop-o-Dile and insert eyelet from the front. 
Flip over to back side and tap around the edges of the eyelet with ball peen hammer.  This will cause the sides to “mushroom” out so that the eyelet is securely in place.
Measure length of silk ribbon/cord.  It should be long enough to wrap around wrist three to four times.  Thread silk ribbon/cord through eyelet hole on front and up through the back on the opposite side.  Attach toggles/clasp with jump rings.
Embellishment
Gently hammer a texture into the small turtle using the ball peen side of the hammer.
Color with desired markers.  As markers touch each color they will blend and mottle.  Allow to dry.
Punch a small hole with needle tool where you would like your dangles to hang from.  Attach to bracelet with jump rings along with miscellaneous beads and charms. 
           




Don't miss out! Subscribe to my free project tutorials, videos and tips to help you in your creative home and business life!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails