Tuesday, April 7, 2009

SteamPunk and Altered Art....It's just art for my soul

I recently had to get real!....I had to go on a major dig of my studio and really really really...had to come to grips with the fact that I can not keep everything I see....


That was really heart wrenching because......junkin'....dumpster divin'...whatever you want to call it...it's in my blood. I come by it naturally...my Mother...my Aunt Molly...My Aunt Junie....(sorry gals...) But...you know...there is this inherent need to create something out of someone elses trash or throw aways. Fortunately most of what I cleared away was art supplies that I never used or havent used in a while and I was able to donate them to the school's art department...so there was a bit of comfort there....
Maybe that's why Im so attracted to designer - found object and now what they call SteamPunk Jewelry. Some girls like diamonds....and while I LOVE LOVE LOVE bling like any other girl...I'd take gaudy..funky...fun...original any day over diamonds... Call me weird!
A lady named Jane from the UK recently emailed me to share with me her version....and I felt that I must share it with you....(here is the link to her etsy store



It's a very simple elegant pendant that reminds you to explore....imagine...and dream.....

For me it's exploring the wonderful gift I have of creating...exploring God's nature and all the creativity he put into it and imagining what it will be like to be in a paradise and be perfect....and I dream about the Art that I will create in paradise when I'm perfect........

Isn't that what life is all about?

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails