Sometimes, oldies are goodies! Today, I travel back to the archives and bring back some of my favorite fall projects.
These pumpkin cupcake toppers have been by far been one of my most popular projects
Pumpkin Cupcake Topper
Aleene’s Tacky Double-stick sheets (1)
¾ or 1” circle punch
Small flower punch (optional)
Yellow, green and brown cardstock
Orange colored chalk ink
Glitter glue (optional)
- Apply tacky sheet to the back of yellow, green and brown cardstock
- Punch out one yellow circle with the sticky back paper and one without
- Cut a wavy line into bottom of each circle and a little notch out of top to form pumpkin shape
- Cut two teardrop shapes for leaves with scissors
- Cut one log from approximately 1/4” wide by ¾” long for stem
- Remove adhesive from back of pumpkin. Apply stem and tooth pick to center.
- Place remaining pumpkin shape over back.
- Highlight edges with chalk
- Apply leaves to front where desired
- Embellish with small punched flowers if desired. Add a drop of glitter glue to the center of each flower.
Press toothpick end into cupcake.
Pumpkin Bread Cupcake Recipe
- 3 C sugar
- 1 C oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 C pumpkin -- canned, unsweetened
- 2/3 C water
- 3 1/2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
Mix dry ingredients. Add other ingredients and mix well. Pour in greased loaf pans (2/3 full) Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Makes 3 loaves.