Monday, July 30, 2007

The Fishing Report............

Saturday July 28, 2007

We’re set to fish aboard the “Bass Tub” today. Report has it that the weather is good so we’ll be fishing out in the pacific for Rockfish also known as Red Snapper in grocery stores. Of the 25 fisher-people on the boat, I was one of two girls. After about an hour’s ride, thru roller coaster type water, we arrived at our fishing spot along with about a hundred other boats. Fishing was real slow for a while…..then…wouldn’t you know it, I got a backlash in my open face reel…what a mess! However, that mess turned into success when I realized I caught the first fish between Dana and I. (ooh yeah!!! He doesn’t think it’s a competition between us…but secretly it really is…)

I would describe these fish as a super sized goggle eye rock bass with teeth. We had a keeper in the bag! Now to hurry and get my line back in the water….BITE! I GOT ANOTHER ONE..this makes two! And another….and….oh my goodness…..

They told us on the boat that we may catch a fish that feels real heavy when you reel it in because a huge ling cod has grabbed hold of the fish that you hooked and is about to eat it…….sooooooo…GUESS WHAT?!?!?! BITE!!!! Reel! Reel! Reel! It’s HEAVY!!!!! And…that is exactly what happened - a huge ling cod [the biggest caught so far] was hangin on! But……we didn’t get the net in time and he let go and swam off. Oh well….I’m still claiming the prize for biggest fish and the ling cod attack because I have several witnesses to the fact. Dana ended up getting 4 fish…and I ended up with four as well, so we were both pleased. The Captain of the boat and the deckhand were great to work with…very laid back and funny. We tried for halibut and striped bass for a while. We caught nothing, but some others caught a few baby sand shark. You should have seen some of they guy’s reaction to the shark when they brought them on board….What a bunch of Whimps! GOOD GRIEF!

That’s it for fishing…’s now about 3:30 and we are walking back to our hotel to clean up. The street is jammed with people and street entertainment. So here’s this guy with a bunch of leaves and brushy stuff in each hand sitting on a milk crate hiding behind his hand held bushes. He’s positioned behind some plants that are generally in that location. As passerby’s walk by, he scares the living daylights out of them. We waited a couple minutes watching this very unsuspecting couple walk towards us, and sure enough…he jumps out at her and she screams to death…then laughs along with the other 50 people who are watching this event. It was like seeing candid camera happen before your eyes.

After our well needed bath, we walked to Ghiradelli square – home of chocolate. Of course when in Rome….we Rome… when in Ghiradelli square…buy chocolate!!! We also went to pier 39 and browsed thru several souvenier shops including the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company…..they musta had a gagillion kinds of shra-imp in there! By this time, Dana and I are just wiped out….so being the party people we are….we headed back to the hotel and instantly fell asleep – at 8:00pm while it was still light out……….goodnight folks…….zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Jeanne Rhea said...

Hi Linda,
I had to take time to read most of your blog. I did not know you had a blog, but will check back as soon as my vacation is over and I have more time. Sounds like you are having a great time.

Enjoy your trip!

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails