Friday, July 27, 2007

San Francisco ... The City By The Bay...

Here I am in Sunny….but a little chilly, San Francisco, California. Officially, Im on vacation until Sunday. I’m tagging along on a business trip of my husbands – so he has to work…I get to play (YEAH!!!) We arrived early enough to be able to take in a few of the city’s sites and atmosphere.

First off …if you’ve been reading the blog this week….seems the entire theme has been FOOD!...so…in keeping with that theme, we had to have lunch at Tadich Grill just walking distance from the Omni Hotel where we are staying. Tadich is San Francisco’s oldest restaurant dating back to 1849 when it was first a small coffee stand. As you step inside you are “surrounded by warm woodwork, greeted by longtime staff and you may find yourself seated in the same booth where Clark Gable, Johnny Carson or Cary Grant might have dined”…….or even Dana and Linda Peterson-okay…so we’re not real Hollywood celebs…but we can pretend can’t we? Tadich’s vibrant history more than compliments it’s stellar seafood cuisine. We began lunch with an appetizer for two featuring calamari, pickled herring, anchovies, smoked salmon, smoked trout and prawns. Dana enjoyed the baked halibut with Dungeness crab stuffing, while I feasted on seared ahi tuna and king salmon all brought in fresh this morning. I highly recommend this restaurant as a “must eat”. (we bought their signature cookbook….)

Next…we needed a nap…but instead we headed for the Fisherman’s Wharf to see if we could tie down a fishing charter for Saturday. Looks like we’ll be fishing on the Bass Tub….we’ll let you know that goes. We’re going to try to catch some halibut and striped bass…

Dana was stopped by the police while walking down the sidewalk and was ticketed for being “entirely too serious while on vacation”. They gave him an “I love San Francisco sticker” and wrote his name on a citation list. It was really for a charity drive benefiting the homeless kitchen. So we gave a few extra bucks.

Later tonight we’ll join his colleagues at Bob’s Chop and Steak house for dinner and then dessert at the Trans America Building. (Can’t wait to see the city view at night). (update - there wasnt a view of the city...bum...the clouds were hanging low.)

Tomorrow I’ll be on my own. I plan to take a trip to sample the cities artistic culture, maybe even get some inspiration for the “Making Bead” and “Making Metal Jewelry” books that I’ll be writing beginning just as soon as I get back home. I’ll also take a sketch journal to jot down ideas that come to mind…or to just sketch some of the sites I see. I hope to find this trip very inspiring.

Well…that’s all for now. If this is the first time you’ve visited my blog…Welcome! And thanks for stopping by. Be sure to add your email to the subscription list. And while you’re at it, why not email me and share your inspirational ideas with me? I’d love to hear them.

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails