Thursday, December 13, 2007

A note on the personal side of life......


I've had more than a little time lately to sit and peruse the internet. There is only so much internet you can do and only so much digital scrapbooking you can do before your eyes begin to cross and your mind goes crazy.


I try not to get too personal on the blog, but I'm so excited, I just have to share. I've been in the hospital in St. Louis, Missouri for the past 3 days with my 16 year old daughter, Mariah. She had surgery to remove her thyroid due to a tumor they found later this summer. This has been a struggle for her, but I'm happy to report that the pathology report showed the tumor to be non-malignant!! You can imagine how esctatic we all are!!! Mariah has received many visits from Doctors and Nurses that cared for her when she was a baby along with many cards, flowers, teddy bears. It's those thoughts that mean so much and we really do appreciate the outpouring of support.


I was so excited to find out the news, that I wrote to my friend JLO, told her the good news and said...WRITE A POEM for us ( she has such a way with words ). While I thought that she would write a poem, I was taken back when I received a voice mail, with her voice, reciting a very personal, beautiful poem that deeply expressed just what we felt. Needless to say, my eyes weren't dry by the end of the poem, and their not really dry now.


I went to the computer and digiscrapped the page. Thank you for letting me share. It's those 2 tiny words you want to hear - NO CANCER
The poem is in it's entirety on Mariah's Blog under the comments from the most recent post.
Thank you beyond words Jen!
As I was perusing the internet, oohing and ahhing over all the delicious polymer clay art on various websites, I stumbled across one - actually she blogged me and I then looked at her flickr photos. Please take a look at this brilliant polymer clay artist named Iris, who lives in Isreal. Truely splendid work
Thanks to Scrappersguide.com premiere membership for the papers and digiembellishments featured on the page

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails