Sunday, February 13, 2011

Do Something Creative Every day - Art Journal Inspiration by HelmarUSA

Do something creative every day.  Does that task seem daunting?  Are you saying right now, "Yeah right?!?!  Where am I going to find that time?"  Well, you're not alone.   I feel it too - STRESS!

There's only so many hours in a day to get done all the "have to's" and then when those are finished, there's no energy for the "want to's".  (Click repeat and start this scenerio over again tomorrow...right)?

When I visited with Tracy in the Helmar USA booth, her tag line was "Do something creative every day" and I think what impressed me was her journal.  It's  pages filled with wonderful juicy delicious art....art that can take 15 minutes or less..... seriously!  Why aren't we...or let me ask this...why aren't YOU taking 15 minutes a day to doodle, jot down thoughts, feelings, scribbles ...grabbing some glue and a few markers and taking the time for YOU - to refresh, nourish and empty your head of stress???

Through this whole creative healing journey that I've been on in the last 6 months, I can not tell you how happy I am to take some time for "me".   Those little negative vibes just arent there any more...and for an odd strange reason...there is something to it when your eye "sees" you writing these feelings down...it just automatically transfers that away from you....  It's not a miracle cure....you'll still have a busy life...you'll still have stress...but what it is, is a respite, a chance to regroup and take on "whatever" with a renewed sense of energy...it's like putting juice in your creative gas tank....sometimes it's empty and it just needs to be re-filled....

I am working on a big project right now, that I know you're going to just love.  A project that focuses on creative healing thru mixed media art in a series of classes that Im developing online.....I filmed the first of these yesterday and so today it's time for them to go into the "edit bay" and get all polished up.

If you haven't had a chance to view the video below. Take a look at what a little glue and some blank pages can transform into.




Promise me...you'll take at least 15 minutes a day..for your creative self!!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, so please comment below and share your thoughts and creative ideas. I really do read all my email and comments!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails