Thursday, January 10, 2013

Soul Journal Week 2 - DREAMING IN FAR AWAY PLACES + Arts Journal Prompts

 
It's well into week 2 of my Soul Garden project and I'm digging deep! Churning up a little soil here in the studio.....
 
This was a canvas I did a year or so back.  Originally, I decoupaged colorful magazine pages to it to create the colored background.  Then, I spackled all over the top of it to give it texture.  I loved the colors and how they blended....but I really couldn't decide on the finished product...so there it sat for a loooonnnggg loooonng time.   Mostly because I didn't want to mess it up. 
I dreamed of seeing the world thru a butterfly's wings....just watching them, they flutter by without a care in the world and land on all sorts of beautiful things....
 
And then one day, when at our scrapbook retreat I decided to finish it....
 
 
Sometimes it's just fun to let your mind wander........and think what would life be like if?......
Think about your happy place.  Once you arrive there...what would you do?  What was the journey like to get there? What is your dream job? What is your dream life?
 
It's important to take time to dream and think about where you really want to go.  It's part of the goal setting process.  Some dreams obviously are just that...dreams...they'll never come true...they're fantasy...and that's okay too..
 
However, I do want my dreams and goals to come true so I'm writing a list...
What is my dream job?  (I kinda have it...but I want to take it to the next level and license my artwork.
 
What is standing in my way?  (honestly?  - fear..... - fear of the unknown...fear of rejection...fear...)...time...money....fear of self promotion....lots of silly little things....
 
I psych myself up so much on the what if's that could go wrong...but never do...
that I never take the giant leap and just go for it for fear of failure...
 
these are the things I'm writing down in my journal today....getting them down on paper and expressing them..... This is a very personal side of me that I'm sharing....
 
I am working towards  my  goals in a way I've not before.  I'm starting to become fearless...and who knows when but I can assure you, my dreams will take me to far away places....and I hope yours do too!
 
 
If you're hitting a creative block why not start with:
 
filling a page with your "dreamy" color - use markers, crayons or splashes of paint...or simply cut colors out of a magazine and paste them into your book.
 
Doodle something - for me dreamy things have lots of swirls, carefree...flowers....nothing fancy...
and write down your dreams using dreamy style letters.
 
 
(no one has to see it really....but put it down...visualize it...be silly...)
 
 

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails