Wednesday, November 7, 2007

JLo visits my studio.....for a whole week!

Between the hustle and bustle of traveling, working on my next book, going on doctors appointments, I'm finally ready for some girlfriend time!

I'm so honored to host a great friend of mine this week - Jen Lowe...aka JLO...yes that's right, as I've said before, even the craft world has a JLO. After the hustle and bustle of putting all the finishing touches on my new Metal book, it's nice just playing and being creative, not to mention having a friend with you to just chat and keep you inspired.

Jen and I met on a scrapbooking cruise a few years ago. While the cruise itself left much to be desired, we decided that were we're going to make lemonade from lemons. Beyond that...hey we were on a cruise! We've been friend ever since. This summer she told me that she was going to come out to see me....honestly I really didn't take her that serious. But...here she is..and I couldn't be more thrilled to work along side her. Jen just recently finished her term on the Ranger design team. She brought me tons of Ranger goodies to play with...I was like a kid in a candy shop going thru that box let me tell ya!

Today's theme was Friendly Plastic. I worked at designing some jewelry for tween girls, while Jen, pushed, pulled, stacked, layered and anything else she could think of with the plastic. Among all the flops.......there were a few FLIPs!

Jen created some really cool asian coins with FP. I perfected a dichroic look that I've been going after. What I learned is that it's okay to flop! As Jen says....there are no real "flops" they just become "floppertunities". I love that! It was great just to experiment. I think we've come up with some really great "NEW" techniques and we'll be sharing those in the future.

Not sure what tomorrow's theme is going to be, but I can tell you...it will include, ranger, dyes and denim....can't wait to see how this turns out...

So...Im getting back to creating...it's gonna be a late night!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails