Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Developing new techniques with Friendly Plastic - coming soon!

I'm thrilled to see the buzz that this blog has created with Friendly Plastic, both in the stick form and the pellets. I get several emails daily asking "Where can I purchase the pellets"???? Well...I will be putting together a list on the side bar of retailers, both online and stores where you can find the product. For right now - you can order it thru http://www.amaco.com/ if you are in the states or if you are in the UK, you can order the from http://www.allaboutcrafts.com/ or http://www.rarebird.ltd.uk

I've headed west for a few days (like 9) to spend time with another designer friend in her studio. The goal is to develop new techniques in friendly plastic. My style is rather organic and chunky and funky. I love to simulate stuff...so if it's expensive and I can recreate it for less??...oh yeah...Im all over that!

Tonight I came up with a technique to simulate turquoise stone. Looks pretty good! But before I release the technique, it needs some tweeking.

I've got some other tricks up my sleeve....but I'll just have to keep you guessing so that you have something to look forward to!

Speaking of which....look forward to March 1st - when Jana announces details about our new Friendly Plastic challenges. This is a challenge for everyone, beginner or not. We're not judging, we're just playing, having fun and sharing...but you will win some great prizes! I have no details other than that....seriously...Ive tried my hardest to pull them outta Jana and she just won't turn loose of any details other than..."It's outta the box...." So....guess we're all gonna have to wait.

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails