Wednesday, January 2, 2008

You gotta kiss alot-a toads....

I don't know why, but this little guy makes me laugh. Maybe it's because whenever I look at him I think about the time that Dana and I went froggin and came back home with several gi-normous bull frogs.

I held one up as if I was going to kiss it - he snapped my picture and I scrapped it - "You gotta kiss alotta toads....before you meet that handsome prince". The opposite page was a picture of him with a little crown on our wedding day... (now what did I do with those scrapbook pages?) It's those memories that inspire me to create.

Expression is especially important when you create. I am a real stickler about expression. I'll even do a face over and over again just to get it right. This froggie was made using my Six Simple Shape Technique. Once you master the technique, then sculpting miniature characters like these becomes a breeze.

All my character books - with the exception of Sculpey Way show you how to create using this very simple technique. You can check them out on the side bar ----------->

And about those toads....well fortunately for me, I did find my handsome prince and I didnt have to kiss any real toads!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails