Friday, July 10, 2009

Life is happening.....

Let me applogize for being late with the POM projects this month...the 4th of July...and now..I've got tons of family from both sides coming for the weekend for a pop visit! AAAHHH!!! And then...my phone broke! Seriously...20 years ago this wouldn't have even come up into my mind...now I can't live without my phone...and texting...

We interupt this blog post for a personal message...Alex...sorry you're sick and hope you feel better today! Call your Mom! - Miss you and love you!...I dont have texting and, you know kids, that's the only way they communicate so...I figured since he keeps up with the blog he'll get the message.....Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Well...just so you know I did make progress on the projects yesterday. The jewelry club will be featuring resin jewelry...so not a quick process...but ohhhh so fun.....and the Pom club is an adorable little kitten...inspired by ....all my adorable little kittens. Its a basic beginner project, but does involve the SSS technique so it's a great but attainable challenge for all the beginners.

Okay...now on with today's post...

During the Friendly Plastic Colorado Road Trip this past February, I played around with all kinds of FP techniques, from those I discovered in pellets to those developed by Jana Ewy. I love wire wrapping so I finished this piece with a little wire embellishment and gave it to Jen thinking no more about it....

Until yesterday, when she blogged about some other beads and pieces that I gave her, that she embellished. Today, she posted about a FP necklace I gave her and added fine silver metal clay die cuts to high light it...a great combination! Okay...why didn't I think of it???

Jen will soon be teaching at the Metal Clay conference in Chicago. Which is worth mentioning, because wouldn't Friendly Plastic be a perfect compliment to fine silver metal clay??? OOHH...more ideas!

Enjoy her post and jump on over to her
blog for more ideas!

Linda Peterson blogged today about how I used a bracelet she gave me, added fine silver and made it match a set.

So I decided to see how many days in a row we can bounce from my blog to hers! LOL!!!

I needed a sample of fine silver on Friendly Plastic. Now seriously....I have a ton of FP around here....but I decided to take a piece that she made and gave to me and alter it by adding fine silver!




Turned out pretty cool!

Now, if you are tired of jewerly....just ignore my blog for the next several days! I have tons and tons of samples to post and share....I have been a jewelry making machine!


No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails