Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tips for working with Friendly Plastic pellets

Now that I think of it, I should have taken a picture, but Ive realized a really cool organic effect when working with the pellets. When left to simmer in water for an extensive period of time (and I mean hours) they develop little holes that almost look like coral.

If you dont want the little "pits" then simply condition the clay, folding and rolling it in your fingers.

Also, a little faux pas yesterday. I was working with very old plastic - the type that is very brittle. I wasn't that concerned about it because I really wanted it for the black on the back. What I discovered was that it melted to a very gooey chocolate consistancy and was rendered completely unusable when I mixed it with the pellets......Things you learn to do...and not to do...

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails